Job Posting OPEN
RF Two-Way Radio Field Service Technician
Flower City Communications provides a variety of high-performance wireless communications products, services, and solutions. When hiring we seek above average candidates that have a strong desire to help our organization grow, have an undeniable work ethic, and are committed to being the best.
As a Radio Technician you will be responsible for optimizing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing analog and digital Two Way Radios and other wireless communication systems at the customer site and/or our facility. Duties include installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repairing, and modifying various 2-way radio infrastructures. We perform system design, troubleshoot, program, and install radio equipment and wireless systems for a variety of customers. Wireless communications systems include: complex radio systems for public safety and enterprise customers. Our Technicians must have excellent communication skills, be motivated, customer service oriented and have a professional attitude and appearance.
- Install, maintain and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
- Ability to diagnosis and repair public address systems.
- Recommend appropriate hardware and peripheral equipment that meets customer requirements.
- Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and peripheral hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, wireless broadband devices, and cctv equipment. Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Work with customers to prepare quotes, bids, and schedules for completing installation and repair tasks.
- Make minor modifications to electronic circuitry per customer requests and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates.
- Some travel and on call maybe required.
- 3+ years Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing Motorola, Kenwood, Harris equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
- Extensive knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multicouplers and duplexers, basic TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
- Proficiency in operating various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR’s, FDR’s, and multi-meters.
- Candidates must possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- CET Certification a plus
- 2 year Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent is a plus.
- R56 Certified Installer is a plus.
- Motorola Astro 4x-7x training providing support for various system operations is a plus.
- Certification in various Astro 25 products (Quantar, GTR8000, MCC5500/7500, etc..) is a plus.
- Certification in various MotoTRBO products and systems (Connect+, Capacity+, Linked Capacity+, IP Site Connect, etc…) is a plus.
- Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
- Security Clearance will be needed for a variety of clients.
Flower City Communications offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as benefits which include:
- Retirement Savings
- Holiday pay
- And much more