Job Posting OPEN
Para Transit Driver
We are looking for a Driver to transport SSTA clients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner. Driver responsibilities include driving a 27′ lift-equipped van, providing reliable door-to-door transportation service to those in need, and arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle. Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients who depend on us for their transportation needs are delivered best-in-class service!. To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record with no traffic violations, and a desire to contribute to your community!. Note that you don’t need to have a car; we provide drivers with our own vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle is safe and clean each shift
- Pick up clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested
- Assist clients with loading and unloading
- Communicate with dispatch regarding circumstances of the day
- Provide a smiling face for SSTA’s outstanding clients!
- Ensure safety practices are adhered to at all times
- Properly respond to emergency situations when they arise
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A high school diploma
Full or Part time positions available
ALL candidates must complete our application in full.
SSTA offers a robust benefits package, competitive pay, paid holidays, and vacation time.
SSTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SSTA is subject to the rules and regulations of the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
To get started, tell us your name and email. We will send you a confirmation email response that will include a key and a link back to this
application if you don't complete in one sitting, or if you want to check on the status.
If you previously started or completed an application and you would like to continue with the application or just check on the status, you should've been sent an email that included a job application key along with a link back
to this page. Enter the key below, or if coming from the link, the key should be defaulted for you.